ADA Accessibility Statement
Hotel Viking strives to provide accessibility services and accommodations to help all of our guests who may have additional needs or requirements. Our commitment to accessibility is a hallmark of our hospitality and ensures that all individuals can experience our extraordinary accommodations and ease of use when visiting our website.
What steps are we taking?
At Hotel Viking, we strive to make a positive experience for all our visitors. We designed this website using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
Accessible public spaces of the hotel:
Hotel Viking offers a variety of accessible routes, features, elements, and amenities throughout its public spaces and within its hotel rooms. Highlights of the accessible features in our public spaces are:
- Handicap Accessible valet parking is available, including “van accessible” spaces
- Exterior Routes
- There is an accessible pathway to the entrance door to the building
- Hotel Entrance
- Accessible registration counter has a lowered portion to serve guests
- Interior Routes
- There are no steps, no abrupt level changes, no unsecured carpet and no un-ramped curbs to the following areas: Guestrooms, courtyard, public restrooms, lobby, meeting space, entrance/exit, public sidewalks, pool, spa, or fitness center.
- There is a full-size passenger elevator serving each level of the hotel
- All elevator jambs have signs placed on both sides designating the floor with raised letters and braille characters
- Public Restrooms
- Public restrooms are accessible, with at least one large accessible stall/toilet, one accessible lavatory, and one accessible urinal
- Accessible toilets have a horizontal grab bar on the adjacent side wall
Accessible Guest Rooms Features:
The hotel offers 10 accessible guest rooms that are mobility accessible with either 1 king bed in each room. Rooms offer either accessible bathrooms with tubs or roll in showers. The breakdown of these accommodations is as follows:
- 6 King guestrooms with tub
- 4 King guestrooms with roll in shower
- Visual smoke and fire alarm device
- Braille guest room door number signage
- TTYs are available for use by persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- TTY is available at the front desk so personnel can communicate with persons who are deaf or have speech impairments
- Televisions in guestrooms offer a closed-captioning
- All entry doors and other interior doors (except doors on shallow closets) allow wide passage
Accessible Guest Room Bathrooms Feature:
- Bathroom doors allow wide of clear passage
- Bathroom door hardware easily operable with one hand
- Accessible toilet in bathroom is centered from the adjacent side wall
- Toilet in bathroom has a horizontal grab bar along the adjacent side wall
- Wash basin is low with accessible clearance under the front edge
- Clear floor space bathroom where persons who use wheelchairs can turn around
- Towel racks are low to accommodate accessibility
- Tub Features:
- Faucet controls and shower diverter be turned on and off easily and are operable with one hand
- A transfer tub seat is available
- An adjustable height hand-held shower wand with long hose
- A long, horizontal grab bar at the foot of the tub
- A horizontal grab bar at the head of the tub
- Two horizontal grab bars (one high/one low) along the side of the tub for stabilization
- Roll-in-Shower Features:
- A folding seat that’s accessible
- Faucet controls and shower wand positioned on the wall along the side of the shower seat so they are operable from the folding shower seat
- A horizontal grab bar on the wall alongside the shower seat
- A horizontal grab bar on the wall opposite the seat for stabilization
- Roll-in shower is free of curbs or lips at the shower floor
- Roll-in showers have faucet controls that are easily operable with one hand
- Adjustable height shower wand with a long hose
- Hotel Viking allows persons with disabilities to use service animals, without imposing any extra charges or conditions, in guestroom/suites and all public areas of the facility.
- Hotel staff are available to move furniture and provide and adjust accessible features in guestrooms.
- Hotel staff are trained to offer assistance, upon request, to persons with disabilities who cannot transport their luggage to/from their guestrooms and who may need assistance in locating guestrooms and hotel amenities/guestrooms when features require installation or adjustment to ensure accessibility.
- Hotel staff are available to read printed/visual information upon request.
How has your experience been?
We monitor the website regularly to maintain this standard, but if you have difficulty using this website, please don’t hesitate to reach us via email at [email protected].