Newport’s Historic Hotel
The Hotel Viking opened to an awestruck public in May 1926. As a member of the prestigious Historic Hotels of America, our hotel in Newport holds a special place in history. From the clock above the Front Desk depicting ancient Nordic Runes to the original 1926 brass letter box in the Lobby, the hotel offers a wonderful combination of style, comfort and modern amenities. Brimming with stories of famous dignitaries and celebrities, the Hotel Viking has offered gracious hospitality for over 80 years.
Learn More >
$16 per night
• Car Service to/from Downtown Newport
• 2 mile radius
• By appointment
• First come, first served
• Operational hours of 7:00am – 10:30pm
• Use of Fitness Center, Pool and Hot Tub
• Pool and beach towels provided
• Concierge service, seasonal – June through August
• Valet shoe shine service
• Drop off at front desk
• Wireless internet, guestroom and lobby
• Daily coffee, in room
• Safe, in room
• Rollaway & Crib, limited availability
• Refrigerator, in room - limited availability
• Local telephone calls
• Providence Journal Newspaper
• Seasonal welcome beverage in lobby, limited hours
The Historic guestrooms and suites are romantic, luxurious, and classically adorned. Sumptuous fabrics, Egyptian cotton bed linens, pillow top mattresses and ornately carved headboards create a truly elegant environment.
Room amenities include:
- Nonsmoking as a courtesy to all guests
- Flat screen LCD TVs in all guestrooms
- Gourmet honor baskets
- Irons/ironing boards
- In Room Safes
- Renovated baths with rain head shower heads, terry robes on request
- Air Conditioning
- Starbucks Single Cup Coffee Makers
The fitness center is located adjacent to the pool. It offers treadmills, Stairmasters, free weights, elliptical trainers, and a Cybex weight training system.
$15 November 1st – March 31st
$35 April 1st – October 31st
Valet parking available with In/Out privileges.
A very special indulgence is Afternoon Tea at One Bellevue, hosted daily featuring tea sandwiches, tea biscuits, scones with lemon cream and petit fours.
SpaFjör is a gentle place. In a world filled with stressful deadlines and ever increasing demands on your body and time, SpaFjör is your personal refuge for relaxation and renewal.
Indoor Pool & Whirlpool
The pool & hot tub are adjacent to SpaFjör. The hours of operation are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
One Bellevue Restaurant
Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award-winning wine selections, creative cocktails and food infused with influences from around the world identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination! Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, One Bellevue is known to local businesses as the preferred executive lunch destination with a 45-minute start to finish service pledge.
Kids’ Club Includes:
- Complimentary Breakfast for children under 12 with adult purchase
- Kids’ Club Welcome Bag upon arrival
- Indoor pool (and whirlpool)
- Seasonal Family Fun Room
- Children’s Prince and Princess Menu of Services at SpaFjör
- Children’s menu in One Bellevue Restaurant
- Discounts to Area Attractions
- Seasonal activities or crafts
Local Family Activities:
- Beautiful Touro Park two blocks away – great to run around and play ball or hide and seek!
- Historic Redwood Library across the street – the oldest continuously operating library in the country – wonderful children’s section!
- Ryan’s Amusements Arcade within walking distance to hotel
- Easton’s Beach Bounce and Carousel
- Norman Bird Sanctuary offers kids’ activities
- Sweet Berry Farm offers café and outdoor activities
- Brenton Point Kite Park
The staff at Hotel Viking is committed to ensuring that we meet and exceed all of the requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act. The staff at our hotel is trained to accommodate guests with special needs, so that all of our guests, including those with disabilities are able to have an enjoyable and safe stay. At Hotel Viking, we want to make sure all our guests are able to take advantage of every activity the hotel has to offer.
Accessible public spaces:
- Public entrance
- Two additional ground level entrances
- Handicapped parking spaces
- Accessible route to SpaFjör
- Accessible route to One Bellevue
- ADA fully compliant lift for pool and hot tub