Newport’s Historic Hotel
The Hotel Viking opened to an awestruck public in May 1926. As a member of the prestigious Historic Hotels of America, the hotel holds a special place in history. From the clock above the Front Desk depicting ancient Nordic Runes to the original 1926 brass letter box in the Lobby, the hotel offers a wonderful combination of style, comfort and modern amenities. Brimming with stories of famous dignitaries and celebrities, the Hotel Viking has offered gracious hospitality for over 80 years.
The Historic guestrooms and suites are romantic, luxurious, and classicly adorned. Sumptuous fabrics, Egyptian cotton bed linens, pillow top mattresses and ornately carved headboards create a truly elegant environment.
Room amenities include:
- Nonsmoking as a courtesy to all guests
- Flat screen LCD TVs in all guestrooms
- Gourmet honor baskets
- Irons/ironing boards
- In Room Safes
- Movie Rental
- Renovated baths with rain head shower heads, terry robes on request
- Air Conditioning
- High-speed internet in all guestrooms is complimentary
The fitness center is located adjacent to the pool. It offers treadmills, Stairmasters, free weights, elliptical trainers, and a Cybex weight training system. Use of the Fitness Center is complimentary and includes use of towels and shower facilities.
$17 per day January 1 - March 31, 2014
$34 per day April 1 - Oct 31, 2014
$17 per day November 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015
A very special indulgence is Afternoon Tea at One Bellevue, hosted daily featuring tea sandwiches, tea biscuits, scones with lemon cream and petit fours.
SpaTerre is a gentle place. In a world filled with stressful deadlines and ever increasing demands on your body and time, SpaTerre is your personal refuge for relaxation and renewal.
Indoor Pool & Whirlpool
The pool & Jacuzzi is adjacent to SpaTerre. The hours of operation are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
One Bellevue Restaurant
Attentive service, sophisticated surroundings, award-winning wine selections, creative cocktails and food infused with influences from around the world identify the feel of this One, unique, Rhode Island dining destination! Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, One Bellevue is known to local businesses as the preferred executive lunch destination with a 45-minute start to finish service pledge.
- Spacious Newport guest rooms with two queen beds
- Indoor pool (and whirlpool)
- Special children’s Prince and Princess menu of services at Spa Terre
- Children’s portions in One Bellevue Restaurant
- Beautiful Touro Park two block away – great to run around, play ball, hide and seek!
- Historic Redwood Library across the street – the oldest continuously operating library in the country – wonderful children’s section!
- Ryan’s Amusements within walking distance to hotel
- Accidental Artist – kids can create their own art (call for appointment)
- Vintage Carousel rides at Easton’s Beach (Atlantic coastal salt water aquarium, too)
- Brenton Point Kite Park
- Kids Camp at Carnegie Abby (check it out at TheCarnegieAbbeyClub.com - click on Carnegie Abbey Club then Camp Carnegie)
*All children receive a copy of the Hotel Viking coloring book (crayons, too) with drawings to color, puzzles to solve and fun facts about Newport and the hotel