Hotel Viking offers Destination Wedding Getaway Where the Bride Doesn’t Have to Share…or Have a Care in the World!
Newport, RI (Winter, 2010) – The historic Hotel Viking now offers brides all the attention they deserve with their Destination Wedding package…even the honeymoon. This total hotel buyout offers couples everything they could desire including use of the Kay wedding chapel, spa treatments, choice of reception venue and even their choice of honeymoon destinations. This one-of-a-kind, high-end experience includes the following:
- 209 guest rooms and suites for two nights, including tax
- Welcome reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres on the first night
- Breakfast Buffet each morning in One Bellevue Restaurant
- Use of Historic Kay Chapel for the wedding ceremony
- Platinum Wedding Package for up to 275 guests including centerpieces, specialty linens, wedding cake, photographer and up to 4 piece live band or DJ Service
- Up to 105 spa treatments of choice in the award-winning Spa Terre
- All food and beverage taxes and gratuities
- Personal wedding coordinator to organize and oversee the event
- Four night/five day honeymoon stay at any of the Noble House collection including Little Palm Island Resort in the Florida Keys, the grand Hotel Adolphus in Dallas and the new Riviera Resort & Spa in Palm Springs, California
For the bride and groom who want to hold their nuptials at a place steeped in history and New England character, Hotel Viking shines as the ideal location to accommodate their wishes. It is rare to find an elegant chapel dating from 1869 located on the site of a luxurious hotel property, but Hotel Viking has historic Newport Kay Chapel on its premises. The chapel features stained glass and hand-carved woodwork, and accommodates up to 225 guests.
All wedding spaces at Hotel Viking are elegantly complete with gilt-gold mirrors, 19th century artwork, opulent furnishings and carpets, and modern splendor. The Bellevue and Viking Ballrooms provide 13,400 square feet of event space that can be flexibly divided and used for a rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, reception, after party and day-after brunch, luncheon or bon voyage party. Easy access from the event areas to Hotel Viking’s center courtyard gives the wedding party an additional site for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres service, dessert stations and photo opportunities. Seasonal outdoor dining space at One Bellevue restaurant overlooking charming Bellevue Avenue and the Historic Hill district is another option for wedding festivities.
Wedding guests will want to relax in one of Hotel Viking’s 209 beautifully appointed guestrooms or suites, including the newly renovated 10 Mansion Suites and two specialty suites in the Viking Wing. Spending the first night of wedded bliss in the fabulous Breakers Suite is a glorious way for a couple to start their life together.
This 83-year-old boutique hotel is a member of the prestigious Historic Hotels of America and is prominently located at One Bellevue Avenue – offering the wedding couple and their guests convenient access to all that Newport, Rhode Island has to offer – the breathtaking Newport Harbor and Waterfront (ideal for photo ops); wonderful galleries, antique shops and boutiques; picturesque walks and beaches; museums and historic sights; all kinds of sports and entertainment attractions; and, of course, the Gilded Age summer homes of the rich and famous of yesteryear.
The one-of-a-kind Destination Wedding package starts at $699,000 and is only available by advanced reservation with one of our specialists at 401-848-4800.